Catalyst Paper pushes creditor meetings back another 3 days
Catalyst Paper has announced a three-day extension for the meetings of its secured and unsecured creditors to consider the plan of arrangement under the Companies’ Creditors Arrangement Act. The meetings, previously scheduled for May 15, 2012, will now be held on May 18, 2012.
“We have been in ongoing discussions with creditors and other stakeholders regarding the proposed restructuring plan and a further extension of the meeting date will allow these discussions to progress. Together with our advisors, we are working non-stop to implement the consensual deal that will enable Catalyst to emerge from creditor protection on stronger financial footing and with a more viable enterprise overall,” said Kevin J. Clarke, President and Chief Executive Officer.
The rescheduled meetings will be held at the same location (Delta Vancouver Airport Hotel, 3500 Cessna Drive,Richmond, BC) at 10:00 am for unsecured creditors and 11:00 am for the First Lien Noteholders.
It is anticipated that the court date to sanction and approve the plan of arrangement will be rescheduled to May 23, 2012.
Source: Catalyst Paper
- Catalyst Paper posts net loss of $205.7 million in third quarter
- Catalyst Paper skips $21 million interest payment due today
- Crofton Pulp and Paper to revote
- Catalyst board of directors recommends support for recapitalization transaction
- Catalyst Paper files for creditor protection in the U.S.
- Catalyst Paper wants to clarify
- Crofton workers continue negotiations with Catalyst Paper
- Supreme Court of Canada dismisses Catalyst Paper's tax appeal