Conifex Timber restarts Mackenzie sawmill and appoints new COO
Conifex Timber restarted its Site II sawmill in Mackenzie, British Columbia on a one-shift basis on November 1, 2010.
The output from this site is estimated to be 110 million board feet on an annual basis. The Site I sawmill at Mackenzie remains idled.
Conifex Timber also has a new Chief Operating Officer (COO). Blair Mayes has been appointed to the newly created role effective November 15, 2010.
Mr. Mayes is a Forestry Graduate from the University of British Columbia and an industry veteran. He has been with Dunkley Lumber Ltd. for almost thirty years, most recently in the capacity of General Manager.
In his role as Conifex’s COO, Mr. Mayes’ main responsibilities will involve the oversight and continued development of its forestry and manufacturing facilities at Fort St. James and Mackenzie. He will also play an important role in industry and community relations for the company.
- Conifex Timber amends schedule for energy supply contract in B.C.
- Conifex reports net loss of $2.2 million in third quarter
- Conifex Timber reports net quarterly loss of $6.5 million
- Conifex Timber reports net loss of $3.7 million in Q3, 2012
- Conifex updates status of its bioenergy project in Mackenzie, B.C.
- Conifex Timber reports net loss of $3.6 million Q4 2012
- Conifex proceeds with acquisition of lumber distribution and transportation businesses
- British Columbia Utilities Commission approves Conifex power purchase agreement