Pension dispute of former NewPage Port Hawkesbury workers heads to mediation
Last year about 250 former NewPage Port Hawkesbury employees were told they had been overpaid thousands of dollars and needed to pay it back.
The current pension plan administrator, Morneau Shepell, blamed the previous administrator, Aon Hewitt, for the estimated $6 million miscalculation.
Both companies have agreed to present a mediator with their arguments in August.
Former NewPage workers’ pension case heads to arbitration (CBC)
- List of bidders for NewPage Port Hawkesbury reduced from 21 to 14
- Former union leader wants union to provide a lawyer for NewPage pensioners
- Nova Scotia's PC party perplexed why NDP refuse to support Pension Benefits Act
- Nova Scotia Government to delay NewPage pension windup
- Nova Scotia introduces bill to extend wind-up of NewPage pensions
- NewPage Port Hawkesbury pensioners told to pay back $5 million due to calculation error
- Fraser Papers retirees launch Victims of Brookfield Association
- Why the 'Occupy' movement? A true story