Resolute Forest Products sues Greenpeace
Resolute Forest Products has filed a lawsuit against Greenpeace Canada, and its campaigners, Richard Brooks and Shane Moffatt, for $5 million in damages, plus punitive damages of $2 million, plus costs.
The suit claims“damages for defamation, malicious falsehood and intentional interference with economic relations”.
Peter Foster: Greenpeace’s ‘malicious falsehoods’ in attacks on Boreal Forest Agreement (Financial Post)
- Greenpeace provides notice of correction regarding Resolute Forest Products' operations
- Resolute Forest Products comments on Canadian Boreal Forest Agreement
- Forest Products Association of Canada members remain committed to the Boreal Forest Agreement
- Greenpeace wants logging halted in 5 areas of the boreal forest
- AbitibiBowater Changing Name to Resolute Forest Products
- AbitibiBowater appoints Silvana Travaglini as Vice President and Chief Accounting Officer
- Two AbitibiBowater workers injured in Thunder Bay
- Update on injured workers in Thunder Bay