Tolko receives funding to develop multilingual recruiting website
Tolko is one of 11 organizations to receive funding from the Immigrant Employment Council of BC (IEC-BC)’s Employer Innovation Fund.
This fund’s aim is to help develop initiatives and resources to attract and integrate skilled immigrants into BC workplaces.
The Tolko project will involve the development of a multilingual recruiting website targeted at immigrants and the creation of an inclusive onboarding program to support immigrant integration with the company. Through this project, Tolko will also work to reach and encourage immigrant youth to consider a career in the forest products sector.
“Tolko is happy to be selected as one of 11 innovative projects under the Employer Innovation Fund (EIF),” said Tanya Wick, vice president of human resources. “Our industry is experiencing rejuvenation and offers many new and exciting career opportunities. With the competition for talent heating up across Canada we believe that businesses which attract retain and engage a diverse workforce will be at a distinct competitive advantage. This project is one of several progressive recruitment strategies we are employing. It serves as a timely call to action for Tolko, and for our industry and community partners, around creating and maximizing opportunities for new immigrants to BC.”
For a complete list of EIF-funded projects, visit http://www.iecbc.ca/our- initiatives/employer-innovation-fund
- Forestry's shrinking talent pool
- FPAC pleased with new Federal Skilled Trades Program announcement
- Pulp and Paper Green Transformation Program investments announced
- Tolko truckers took job action yesterday morning
- Freedom of information requests expose fines in B.C.'s forest industry
- Fire at Tolko sawmill in Kelowna, BC
- British Columbia sets new cut level for Tree Farm Licence 49
- Power finally restored to Meadow Lake mills after 3 weeks