Resolute Forest Products looks to reposition Forest Frances mill
In Resolute Forest Products‘ financial conference call on Tuesday, President and CEO Richard Garneau mentioned the company is looking to reposition its Fort Frances mill.
“In two, three, four months, we should be in a position to determine what the future of the mill is going to look like,” Garneau said.
“We’re certainly optimistic that we can reposition the mill,” he said. “There’s a good fibre base, as you know. There is a large co-gen—45 megawatt—that we are now running at probably two-thirds of its capacity.”
The Fort Frances kraft mill and #5 paper machine have been idled indefinitely.
Read more from the Fort France Times Online:
Resolute looking to reposition mill
- Resolute Forest Products curtails paper making in Fort Frances for the rest of the year
- Resolute Forest Products extends shutdown in Fort Frances, Ontario
- Letter: Concerns about Abitibi
- Resolute Forest Products appeals tax rate in Fort Frances, Ontario
- Fort Frances mill soon to restart amidst rumours of job cuts
- Resolute cuts 45 jobs in Fort Frances, Ontario
- Fort Frances kraft mill downtime due to lack of qualified personnel
- 2 weeks downtime in Fort Frances