New contract for CEP Local 324-6 at Sonoco in Fort Frances
The workers of CEP Local 324-6 that work at Sonoco in Fort Frances, Ontario have a new collective agreement.
Stephen Boon, CEP National Representative for Dryden, said, “we are pleased to have reached a solid, long-term deal covering our Forestry Members at Sonoco in Fort Frances.”
Workers voted just under 70% in favour of the deal.
The new contract is a 5 year agreement with a $500 lump sum payment in the first year, followed by 1.5%, 1.75%, 2%, and 2.5% annual increases in the final four years of the agreement.
Improvements in language and benefits were also achieved.
Sonoco provides paper cores for use in rolls of paper at Resolute Forest Products and other area paper mills.
- Marty F. Pignone is Sonoco's new Vice President, Paper North America
- Sonoco reports net quarterly income of $59 million
- Sonoco's new President & CEO will be M. Jack Sanders
- Sonoco hikes price on all paperboard tubes and cores by 4%
- Sonoco reports net income of $196 million in 2012
- M. Jack Sanders has taken over role as President & CEO of Sonoco
- Resolute cuts 45 jobs in Fort Frances, Ontario
- Reactions to 239 layoffs at Resolute's Fort Frances operation