Grand Forks sawmill employees off for 3 weeks while Interfor completes mill upgrades
Employees of International Forest Products Ltd. (Interfor)’s Grand Forks sawmill in Grand Forks, British Columbia will be off for 3 weeks while Interfor completes upgrades to the mill.
The downtime begins on November 10. When the mill reopens in early December, Interfor hopes to see a 10% increase in production.
The mill also plans to scales back from 3 shifts to 2 shifts and still see the increase in production.
“We’re very excited about the Grand Forks projects, as we are with the projects that have been achieved in Castlegar, and the work that has been done there in the past year,” said Duncan Davies, President and CEO of Interfor. “I’d like to thank our capital projects group and the management crews at both mills for their contributions to the company.”
Read more from The Castlegar Source:
Mill upgrades ahead of schedule for Interfor
- Interfor posts quarterly results and announces upgrades for Castlegar and Grand Forks
- Interfor reports net earnings of $15.2 million in Q1 2013
- Interfor posts net quarterly loss of $6.5 million
- Interfor reports net loss of $6.5 million in first quarter, 2012
- Interfor reports net earnings of $0.3 million in second quarter, 2012
- Interfor appoints Andrew Mittag and Scott Thomson to its Board of Directors
- Interfor posts net earnings of $1.1 million in third quarter, 2012
- Tree spiking incidents discovered at Interfor logging operation