CEP will be voting Monday on merger with CAW
On Monday, at the Communications, Energy and Paperworkers Union of Canada‘s (CEP) annual convention in Québec City, the delegates will be voting on a possible merger with the Canadian Auto Workers (CAW) union.
The CAW has already voted in favour of merging with the CEP.
Results of the vote will be announced on Monday at 1pm, or immediately after the vote.
This vote represents the late major step before the process of creating the new union can begin.
The CEP national convention will run from October 14 to the 17.
- CAW and the CEP are considering a merge
- CAW/CEP union merger talks continue
- Merged CEP/CAW union may open membership to unemployed and temporary workers
- CEP vote 'yes' to merging with CAW
- CEP and CAW merger now known as Unifor
- Fraser Papers retirees launch Victims of Brookfield Association
- Unionized workers of St. Marys Paper schedule meeting to discuss options
- St. Marys Paper workers give the company until January to restart the mill