Kruger receives FSC certification for Corner Brook mill
Kruger Inc. has announced that the woodland operations at its Corner Brook mill in Newfoundland and Labrador has achieved certification under the Forest Stewardship Council® (FSC®) National Boreal Standard.
Issued by QMI-SAI Canada Limited, an FSC-accredited organization, the certificate recognizes that all woodland operations comply with FSC requirements, including management planning, road construction and maintenance, harvesting operations, fibre transportation, silviculture and support activities.
“Achieving FSC National Boreal Standard certification is part of our long-standing commitment to environmental protection and the result of our employees’ dedication to managing and using resources responsibly,” said Pat Tompkins, Woodlands Manager, Corner Brook Pulp and Paper Limited.
FSC standards are among the strictest and most recognized in the global forest industry. Kruger’s Corner Brook Mill obtained this certification after a rigorous auditing process, building on its existing certifications to the ISO Environmental Management and CSA Sustainable Forest Management Standards. The new certificate (license code QMI-FM/COC-001506) covers forest management districts nos. 5, 6, 9, 14, 15 and 16.
In recent years, Kruger Inc. has achieved several FSC certifications, including FSC Chain of Custody (CoC) certification for its Québec paper mills and sawmills (license code FSC-C103971) and for the five Kruger Products tissue mills (license code FSC-C104904), as well as FSC certification for its forest management practices in Québec (license code SW-FM/COC-004672).
- Kruger's paperboard mill in Montréal receives FSC® Chain of Custody certification
- Resolute Forest Products now manages 10.3 million hectares of certified forests
- Concern over Nova Scotia's final agreement with Port Hawkesbury Paper
- Resolute Forest Products issues Sustainability Report for 2011 Performance
- Resolute Forest Products increases FSC Certification to 65% of its managed forestland
- Tembec receives group certification for 1.3 million hectares near Senneterre, Quebec
- Eastern Ontario Model Forest celebrates 10 years for its Forest Certification Program
- Job cuts coming to Corner Brook Pulp and Paper