More details of the AV Terrace Bay collective agreement
After the judge approved the sale of Terrace Bay Pulp to AV Terrace Bay yesterday, the Steelworkers counted the results of the vote they took last week on the proposed collective agreement with their new employer.
More than 75% of the ballots cast were in favour of accepting the new contract.
Details known so far:
- 5 year contract
- workers will have to pay 25% of their benefits (employer covered 100% previously)
- contract includes more liberal contracting-out language
- no pay increase for the first 3 years
- small increase in the last 2 years
Some of the workers will be recalled to work as soon as next month to start preparing the mill for an October start.
Steelworkers approve Terrace Bay mill contract More than 75 per cent of the union membership vote in favour of contract with Aditya Birla Group (CBC)
- Waiting for Terrace Bay Pulp decision
- Purchase price of Terrace Bay Pulp turns out to be $2 million plus assumed liabilities
- Two hearings today that could decide the future of two mills under creditor protection
- Sale of Terrace Bay Pulp approved
- AV Terrace Bay signs deal with Pays Plat First Nation to harvest on traditional territory
- AV Terrace Bay on track to resume pulp production this month
- One killed by explosion at Terrace Bay Pulp
- Update on explosion at Terrace Bay Pulp