Wagner scraps idea of building a pellet plant in Ignace, Ontario
Wagner Ontario Forest Management Ltd. has changed its mind about building a pellet plant in Ignace, Ontario
The company had planned to build a wood pellet plant with the capacity to produce 100,000 tonnes of pellets a year.
Wagner has since decided there is not enough demand for wood pelelts to support a plant of this size, and even if there was, the company believes it can produce the pellets for cheaper in the U.S.
Wagner is giving up its wood allotment of 133,500 cubic metres they received from the province of Ontario last year.
Resolute Forest Products had also been planning to upgrade and reopen its sawmill in Ignace. However, Resolute planned to use Wagner excess wood, so their business plan for reopening may also be affected.
- SFI awards $32,000 research grant to protect water resources in the boreal forest
- Resolute Forest Products announces construction of new sawmill in Atikokan, ON area
- AbitibiBowater Changing Name to Resolute Forest Products
- AbitibiBowater appoints Silvana Travaglini as Vice President and Chief Accounting Officer
- Two AbitibiBowater workers injured in Thunder Bay
- Update on injured workers in Thunder Bay
- AbitibiBowater reports net loss of $44 million in third quarter
- AbitibiBowater's CEO prepared to forgo his $1.7 million bonus to make a point