Resolute Forest Products is AbitibiBowater’s new official name
As part of this change, stockholders also agreed to change the company’s common stock ticker symbol from ABH to RFP on both the New York Stock Exchange and the Toronto Stock Exchange. RFP will begin trading on the New York Stock Exchange on May 24, and on the Toronto Stock Exchange on May 28.
Any impact this legal entity name transition may have for Resolute’s customers and business partners will be communicated directly to these parties over the coming days.
Also at the meeting today, 8 directors were elected for 2012:
- Richard B. Evans
- Richard D. Falconer
- Richard Garneau
- Jeffrey A. Hearn
- Bradley P. Martin
- Alain Rhéaume
- Michael S. Rousseau
- David H. Wilkins
Today the stockholders have also ratified the appointment of PricewaterhouseCoopers LLP as the company’s independent registered public accounting firm for the 2012 fiscal year.
Source: Resolute Forest Products
- AbitibiBowater Changing Name to Resolute Forest Products
- AbitibiBowater appoints Silvana Travaglini as Vice President and Chief Accounting Officer
- Two AbitibiBowater workers injured in Thunder Bay
- Update on injured workers in Thunder Bay
- AbitibiBowater reports net loss of $44 million in third quarter
- AbitibiBowater's CEO prepared to forgo his $1.7 million bonus to make a point
- AbitibiBowater becomes Resolute Forest Products today
- AbitibiBowater/Resolute Forest Products works on its environmental reputation