Tembec reaches agreement with Kapuskasing employees
Tembec employs 582 employees in Kapuskasing – 498 of which are unionized.
This collective agreement covers a 5-year contract that will expire in April 2017. “This agreement would not have been achieved without the support and hard work from all Local union leaderships, as well as those at the National and International levels,” stated Marc Tremblay, Tembec Chief Negotiator.
CEP Local 256 voted 95.7% and local 89 voted 96.4% in favour of the company’s proposal.
Tembec resumed operations at 9pm Wednesday night.
Tembec Press Release
Tembec Deal Reached (MooseFM)
- 1 pilot, 2 Tembec workers killed in helicopter crash near Kapuskasing, Ontario
- Strike pending at Tembec in Kapuskasing
- Machines shutting down at Tembec in Kapuskasing, Ontario in preparation for a strike
- Strike postponed for 48 hours in Kapuskasing, ON
- Tentative agreement reached at Spruce Falls in Kapuskasing
- Tembec just planted its 300th million tree in the Gordon Cosens Forest
- Southern Ontario heatwave shuts down paper machines in Kapuskasing
- Tembec reports a net loss of $10 million in latest quarter