More downtime planned for Bowater Mersey
Two more temporary shutdowns are being planned for Bowater Mersey in Nova Scotia.
Downtime will be taken:
- May 6 – 21
- June 17 – July 2
The downtime is being blamed on poor market conditions.
More Downtime Expected at Bowater Mersey (CKBW News)
- Bowater Mersey vote tonight
- Bowater Mersey workers vote in favour of concessions
- Province of Nova Scotia will be making a Bowater Mersey announcement tomorrow
- $50 Million for Bowater Mersey from Nova Scotia taxpayers
- Bowater Mersey lays off 20 non-unionized workers, 33 union workers take severance package
- Resolute Forest Products sells 25,000 acres of land to Nova Scotia
- Bowater Mersey cuts the price they'll pay for pulpwood by 10%
- Bowater Mersey schedules 3 weeks of downtime