Employee at Resolute’s Thunder Bay mill wins $50 million lottery
Louis Chikoski, and his wife Jo-Anne, are $50 million richer after winning the March 23 Lotto Max jackpot.
Louis has been working at the paper mill in Thunder Bay for 40 years and was planning on retiring this fall.
“After checking my numbers on-line and saw that we matched all seven numbers, I couldn’t believe it,” said Louis. “I then called the OLG Support Centre to ask them to read me the numbers and then they told me to go to a retailer to validate. When I did that the bells and whistles went off and I almost fainted, literally.”
“When I saw the ticket receipt come out of the lottery terminal and it had the $50 million written on the top of it, I was stunned,” said Jo-Anne.
The couple does not have any immediate plans on how to spend the windfall, but will take a bit of time to absorb this news and get some advice.
“We want to catch our breath and talk to financial advisors and family about what to do with this life-changing amount of money,” said Louis.
- Update on injured workers in Thunder Bay
- Resolute Forest Products temporarily closes kraft mill in Thunder Bay over the holidays
- General Manager of Resolute's Thunder Bay mill promises 300 jobs
- Resolute Forest Products planning on a 3rd shift at Thunder Bay sawmill
- Resolute Forest Products plans to build wood pellet plant at Thunder Bay, ON sawmill
- Management changes at Resolute in Thunder Bay, ON
- Resolute Forest Products announces construction of new sawmill in Atikokan, ON area
- Resolute Forest Products wants Thunder Bay, ON mill reassessed for tax savings