Fort Frances kraft mill downtime due to lack of qualified personnel
The downtime is being blamed on a lack of qualified personnel for the 2nd class stationary engineer positions.
The kraft mill will be shut down for 1 week. 70 employees are affected.
Pierre Choquette, director of Canadian Public Affairs for the company, told the Fort Frances Times: “We are continuously evaluating every aspect of our operations to see what are the best options going forward.”
Operations at the paper mill are not affected.
Kraft mill shut down (Fort Frances Times Online)
- Resolute Forest Products curtails paper making in Fort Frances for the rest of the year
- Resolute Forest Products extends shutdown in Fort Frances, Ontario
- Letter: Concerns about Abitibi
- Resolute Forest Products appeals tax rate in Fort Frances, Ontario
- Fort Frances mill soon to restart amidst rumours of job cuts
- Resolute cuts 45 jobs in Fort Frances, Ontario
- 2 weeks downtime in Fort Frances
- Resolute Forest Products indefinitely idles Fort Frances, ON kraft mill and paper machine