Successful bidder for NewPage Port Hawkesbury to be made public next week
Today Ernst & Young is meeting with the four remaining bidders for the NewPage Port Hawkesbury mill today and is expected to publicly announce next week the identify of the successful bidder.
Two bidders, who both want to operate the mill to some degree, are known: Paper Excellence and Pacific West Commercial Corporation (associated with Stern Partners Inc.).
Paper Excellence operates the Northern Pulp operation in nearby Pictou County, Nova Scotia.
Stern Partners is a Vancouver based investment company that has invested in the Alberta Newsprint Company, and the West Linn Paper Company (in Oregon), and a chain of newspapers, including the Winnipeg Free Press.
Two other bidders are not interested in operating the mill, and will likely dismantle the operation and sell the assets.
Who do you think will be the successful bidder?
- Who is Ron Stern, and what are his plans for the Port Hawkesbury mill?
- NewPage Port Hawkesbury granted extension
- Contract proposal on the table in Port Hawkesbury, NS
- Details of contract offer in Port Hawkesbury
- Update: Port Hawkesbury workers taking time to consider offer
- Concern over Nova Scotia's final agreement with Port Hawkesbury Paper
- Judge approves reserve funds for payments to NewPage Port Hawkesbury's wood suppliers and contractors
- 21 potential purchasers interested in the NewPage Port Hawkesbury mill