AbitibiBowater reduces their debt by $85 million
The redemption will reduce AbitibiBowater’s total debt to a face amount of approximately $586 million. This step is in addition to the approximately $270 million of debt the company redeemed in June 2011.
“Today’s announcement underscores our commitment to reduce debt and the associated interest burden at every opportunity,” stated Richard Garneau, President and Chief Executive Officer. “Debt reduction remains a key part of our strategy to decrease fixed costs and improve the Company’s financial position and competitiveness.”
The company will use available cash to carry out the redemption of $85 million in principal amount of its 10.25% senior secured notes due 2018, plus accrued and unpaid interest. The redemption is scheduled to occur on November 4, 2011, at a redemption price of 103%.
- AbitibiBowater might restart Dolbeau mill, after workers agree to change their contracts
- AbitibiBowater Changing Name to Resolute Forest Products
- AbitibiBowater appoints Silvana Travaglini as Vice President and Chief Accounting Officer
- Two AbitibiBowater workers injured in Thunder Bay
- Update on injured workers in Thunder Bay
- Bowater Mersey asks for power rate discount
- AbitibiBowater reports net loss of $44 million in third quarter
- AbitibiBowater's CEO prepared to forgo his $1.7 million bonus to make a point