Tentative agreement at Domtar’s mill in Espanola
A tentative agreement has been reached in Espanola, Ontario between Domtar and Local 74 of the Communications, Energy and Paperworkers Union of Canada.
A ratification vote will be held today.
In June, the union voted 96.7% in favour of a strike if a new deal could not be reached.
The local has been without a contract for close to 2 years.
Tentative agreement at mill – Local 74 to vote Wednesday (The Mid-North Monitor)
- Reassessment of Domtar's Espanola, ON mill
- Domtar workers ratify contract in Dryden
- CEP Local 10b urged to vote against Domtar's offer in Kamloops
- CEP Local 10b votes 99.6% in favour of a strike
- New 5 year contract for CEP Local 10b at Domtar's mill in Kamloops, BC
- Pulp and Paper Green Transformation Program investments announced
- Fire at Domtar's mill in Dryden, Ontario
- Domtar posts net earnings of $117 million in third quarter