Domtar workers schedule strike vote in Espanola, ON for next week
The local, The Communication, Paper and Energy Union of Canada, Wm. H. Burnell Local #74, have been in negotiations with Domtar for the last 7 months.
Conciliation talks were held over the week of May 30 to June 3, but the two sides have not come to a agreement. The local has also asked for the conciliator to file a no-board report.
The issues at stake are wages, pension protection, and benefits.
Domtar local setting strike date – Conciliation talks fail (Northern News)
- Reassessment of Domtar's Espanola, ON mill
- Domtar workers ratify contract in Dryden
- CEP Local 10b urged to vote against Domtar's offer in Kamloops
- CEP Local 10b votes 99.6% in favour of a strike
- New 5 year contract for CEP Local 10b at Domtar's mill in Kamloops, BC
- Pulp and Paper Green Transformation Program investments announced
- Fire at Domtar's mill in Dryden, Ontario
- Domtar posts net earnings of $117 million in third quarter