3 parties interested in purchasing Pine Falls
There are at least 3 parties now interested in purchasing the Pine Falls paper mill from Tembec.
The potential buyers are:
- J.P. Bradette, former Tembec vice-president
- Sagkeeng First Nation
- Tembec employees
None of the potential buyers are close to making a former offer.
Whoever buys the mill will have a challenge to obtain profitability with the newsprint market so weak.
lockout over Three potential buyers emerge for Tembec’s Pine Falls mill (Winnipeg Free Press)
- Tembec sells its closed Pine Falls mill in Manitoba
- LETTER: Tembec Mill Decomissioned
- Transformative Technology – Pilot Scale Demonstration Program announcements in Quebec
- Ontario Environmental Review Tribunal decides on cleanup responsibilities for Marathon Pulp
- 1 pilot, 2 Tembec workers killed in helicopter crash near Kapuskasing, Ontario
- Tembec reports net loss of $17 million in its latest quarter
- Tembec's $190 million investment in cogeneration in Témiscamingue
- Tembec sells hardwood floor assets, closes flooring plant in Huntsville, Ontario