West Fraser Plans to Construct New Sawmill in Quesnel
West Fraser Timber Co. Ltd. announced yesterday plans to construct a new sawmill in Quesnel, British Columbia at a cost of $105 million. While constructing the new sawmill, West Fraser will drastically increase the size of their administrative offices to accommodate increased employment levels.
The new three-line mill will replace the existing sawmill on Brownmiller Road. The new mill’s annual capacity will be 500 million board feet. It will employ the most modern technologies to optimize productivity and maximize recovery from beetle-killed timber, while improving emissions quality. Construction will commence in late April 2005. Production is expected to begin in the summer of 2006.
To read more, visit: West Fraser constructs new sawmill in Quesnel
- New data shows increase in Quesnel, BC's mid-term timber supply
- West Fraser Timber reports net earnings of $6 million in third quarter
- West Fraser Timber planning 2 biomass-powered plants in B.C.
- West Fraser Timber reports fourth quarter 2011 results
- West Fraser Timber appoints Ted Seraphim as President and Chief Operating Officer
- West Fraser Timber reports $17 million loss in first quarter, 2012
- West Fraser Timber reports earnings of $27 million in second quarter, 2012
- West Fraser to build new planer in Williams Lake